Described as a “reducto,” this irregular quadrilateral fort was built ca. 1878 by the military. It was remodeled to a cross plan later and served blockhouse or a strongly secure place in times of attack. It also served as coastal defense and complemented the Jolo Intramuros. Reducto de Alfonso XII was raised on the ruins of kuta Daniel built by the Tausog Datu Daniel Amil Bahar at the foot of a hill near Jolo town proper. The redoubt’s site is presently occupied by the provincial hospital. No remains of the fort can be found.